Linksys WRV54G

Tell me it aint so... it appears that a blank login and password is accepted from the internet for full administrator rights on the WRV54G. Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks

Reply to
klubar
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@emiboston.com (klubar) wrote in news:e59a2340.0407201611.1e55ccd3 @posting.google.com:

It's called router configuration. The router has an Admin screen where a user-id and psw can be set by the administrator of the router. If you forget either one and cannot login to the router, then the *Reset* button held down for 30 seconds will reset it back to the factory defaults, including the user-id and psw which are apparently blanks.

I suggest that you RTM.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough... I can log in using the user name and password that was set in the admin screen OR I can log in leaving both the user name and password blank.

Linksys recommended exchanging this unit for a new one which I did. The new one did not have this problem, so I must have gotten a defective unit. (I'm a little surprised as I thought the login and built-in web server would be part of the firmware.)

FYI... the factory defaults on this unit are not blank and blank.

Reply to
klubar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.