Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

best linux firewall with p2p blocking and wireless-cafe/WISP features
Hello, I'm going to setup a good firewall for a university wifi network. For legal reasons we need to block P2P traffic. We also would like to redirect new users to a sign-in page on first use...

Which Firewall is Best?
I have been doing some research on several firewalls and have found conflicting reviews on which is best. Here is a short list of what I have found so far: 1. Sygate Pro 2. BlackICE 3. Outpost Pro 4....

Sygate v5.5 build 2637 Upgrade
I am unaware of what the new features are. http://smb.sygate.com/free/default.phpCasey

Close Port 113 - Observation
Starting a new thread because this observation is not intended to help with the "stealth" testing of port 113 from just above. Nevertheless, it seems to me (an ordinary, everyday user) that to...

Liquid Audio problem
I have been trying with the help a support from liquid audio to get sound on my computer from streaming audio sites and they recommend I disable my firewall. I have Mcafee personal fire wall and a...

What Does this Phrase Mean
I don't understand this phrase. "recursively wget'ing the site " Found it at Information Security Services, News, Files, Tools, Exploits, Advisories and Whitepapers

Which firewall is best?
I have been doing some research on several firewalls and have found conflicting reviews on which is best. Here is a short list of what I have found so far: 1. Sygate Pro 2. BlackICE 3. Outpost Pro 4....

Sygate and Workgroup
Hello, I have 2 PC connects to you in net with cable crossover, on both I have installed Sygate, but when it is active I do not succeed to approach neither to see other computers in the workgroup. If...

outgoing email blocked
Hi, I've got a newbie question. I can receive email in outlook express with Kerio PF 2.1.5 but cannot send it using default ruleset. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sygate Pro and freeware-Can freeware be made stronger?
I have 2 PC's. One with a paid Sygate Pro license and one with the freeware version. Since I am between jobs (no excuse I know), is it possible to use the definition file or something from the Pro...

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services alert in Zone Alarm
I keep getting an alert that my ZA firewall has blocked Generic Host Process for Win32 Services from outgoing use of my computer. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I can safely stop...

norton sec pro vs zone alarm pro
hi pls adv which is the best between norton sec pro and zone alarm pro ? i mean the latest versions. I found no antispam setting on zone alarm rgds, fabio

Applet-Servlet communication through firewalls
Hi, I am trying to have a setup where an applet communicates with a servlet through firewall using HTTP and that the servlet can push events to the applet (as opposed to the applet constantly...

norton internet security pro.
attn on duty i gave the rule on antispam sets "key word: newsletter", "search in: all e-mail", "spamming: yes", "ok". later i checked new emails with outlook and a newsletter, which i requested, came...

[X-Post] CheckPoint R55 over SunOS 2.9 installation failure
Hello experts, our group is experiencing a strange think when installing R55 (module) on two SUN v240: we have previously installed the management on a Sun v120 without any problem, and installed more...