Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to stealth Port 113 in my NAT Router
Hi folks, I have the D-Link DI-604 Router. Nice thing. But shieldsup tells me that Port 113 is blocked, blowing its otherwise full-stealth cover...:-( I was looking on their description of Port 113...

newbie question about Sygate
I have been using ZoneAlarm and I am considering giving Sygate Personal Firewall a try. Does Sygate gives you ability to block outbound traffic similar to ZA? TIA

Kerio 2.15 setup for p-p printer ? / cannot ping in one direction
Hi, I'm trying to set up Kerio 2.15 to work in a peer to peer environment (2 machines, one with Win98 and the other with XP Home... not my choice of OS's but it's what they have at work). The basis is...

Re: PIX firewalling web servers
> Ever thought of using VLAN's? Care to expand on that? How would using a VLAN help me to firewall the web servers? There's no concept of a DMZ or anything in this scenario - the only things behind...

Kerio 2.1.5 won't save changes to rules configuration file. Help!
I've been using Kerio PFW for years and have developed a sizable set of rules in my file. Now I can't save changes, not even deletions. I suspect the file might have become corrupted at some point in...

network monitoring
What is a good free network monitor that is easy to set up. I would like to have snmp polling, a trap receiver, and email notification. Loriot used to be great but it's not on linux and no longer free...

Zonealarm and Cross Link
Could someone please help me to configure my zonealarm? I have a laptop connected to my desktop, with a cross link cable.. and I would like it to be able to use bittorent, but right now, all traffic...

How to sensibly start IPtables ?
I have an RH9 Linux system running as Router/FW. IPTables 1.2.9 on it and running happily. Would the following be a sound idea, as to maintainablility of the IPTables rules and the effectiveness and...

best vpn software
What is the best downloadable vpn software in anyone's opinion? I miss PGP's vpn features before they sold it off. What could replace that?

Kerio 4 permissions
When Kerio 4 asks for permission to connect out to 239.255.255.250 I don't know what to do. Does anyone know where my computer is trying to call? Likewise since I did the critical updates, many...

Repeated connection request
Almost all the times I connect (ADSL), I receive a request to connect by "Microsoft and printer sharing". My firewall (Kerio 4) intercepts this request and I refuse it. But, even if I instructs the...

New release of BlackIce CNK
Bug Fixes This release includes the following fixes: - Resolved an issue where a scan of BlackICE running on the Windows 2000 and Windows XP platforms shows TCP ports 0 and 1 as closed instead of...

Blocking Outbound Traffic Only
I have a netgear router that has stateful packet inspection and would like a software firewall to block outbound traffic only since the router is only capable of blocking inbound. Is there a firewall...

PIX firewalling web servers
Hi, We need to run a firewall in front of our web servers. They are on multiple subnets, so the solution would seem to be to have the internet connection coming into a perimeter router, then to the...

Zone Alarm True Vector Monitor
I have two networked PCs, one running MS98 and the other ME. Have been using ZA free version 45_594_000 with McAfee AV without problem. Today I upgraded to v50.590.043 which ran well for about 4 hours...