Zonelabs Latest Free Firewall

This program tried to update itself and then when it did, it told me that I needed administrator rights, but I was working from an administrator account. One time the installation went 3/4 of the way through and then rebooted. Now I can not get this uninstalled at all as I don't even want to have it on my machine. When I try to uninstall it, it gives me a message saying uninstall resources not found...I am running Win2000 SP4. Any information on manually uninstalling this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to
JBL
Loading thread data ...

Try re-installing it then uninstall. In the past that approach has worked for me.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Parker

I can't install it either - for some reason, it tells me that I must have Admin priveledges to do so and my account is an administrator account - that is what is so frustrating...

Reply to
JBL

In message at 10:58:21 on Fri, 21 Sep 2007, JBL wrote

I installed it OK, but it told me that it conflicts with the web protection element of avast! and should I disable that.

I think it will be more straight forward to use something like Kapersky Inernet suite. If I do that, would you still recommend SpyBot S&D and AdAware?

Reply to
Mike

I just read in PC World that Spybot S&D is no longer worth even the download time it takes to get it from the net. It is severely lacking in protection-

Reply to
JBL

I've had very good luck with SpyBot S&D, but I run other programs concurrently with it.

But I do wonder if PC World might not have a hidden agenda, especially since SpyBot updated to version 1.5? AFAIK, SpyBot S&D is an excellent and highly recommended anti spyware program.

Free anti virus:

formatting link
formatting link
Free fire walls:
formatting link
Free anti spyware etc:
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Free news readers:
formatting link
formatting link
Free public news servers:
formatting link
Free news filters:
formatting link
formatting link
Free mail filters:
formatting link
Free word processors, spreadsheets, etc.:
formatting link
Free bibles and bible translations:
formatting link

Reply to
Ckyp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.