Zonelab's intimidating upgrade policy

A window came up on my computer the other day from Zonelabs which was in a serious tone talking about my need to download an upgrade to guard against a new internet security threat. I have Free ZA. When I took their instructions seriously, I ended up with a free 15 day trial of ZA pro, with the option to roll back to Free ZA after that expired. Has it come to this?

Jack (who WILL roll back and is glad he saved his settings).

Anyone else have this experience?

Reply to
Jack Sandweiss
Loading thread data ...

I checked a radio button (as I recall) for the firewall only at the top of the right column. There were two columns. The one on the right was for the firewall only, and it was the only application checked, and the other (on the left) was for their "suite" (I believe was the term), and had many checks for other apps. I try to read things carefully. I don't recall a choice between "free" or "pro" using those words either when I d/l it or upon installation.

Jack

Andrew Rossmann wrote:

Reply to
Jack Sandweiss

When installing the update, did you CAREFULLY check everything? If I remember, at some point it asks if you want the free or the Pro. You need to read and look at EVERY window carefully. They may reword and otherwise make it confusing as to which is the correct choice.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

yes,

j

Iceman wrote:

Reply to
Jack Sandweiss

Did you download from this link?

formatting link

Reply to
Iceman

I just updated a computer yesterday. The upper-right is the 'free' one, and in my case, it installed as free. Maybe when you clicked it, you didn't actually click it. You have to check carefully that the radio button actually switched to that column, as it defaults to the pro column.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.