Android automatic call recording for free on Apple iOS iPhones sans jailbreaking

Android is powerful; iOS is crippled in functionality. That's a verified fact.

For example, Android has free incoming/outgoing automatic call recording of length (multiple apps) which store the automatically recorded calls limited only by the size of your internal or external storage cards.

When I mentioned that this useful functionality isn't allowed by Apple for non-jailbroken Apple iOS phones, nospam says it exists (but doesn't provide any useful links).

It's not the hardware that cripples what iOS users can do with their phone, as the hardware on iPhone is actually comparable to Android hardware - so iPhone hardware certainly *can* automatically record incoming and outgoing calls for free onto the internal storage of an iPhone.

It's *Apple* who cripples what non-jailbroken iOS apps can do!

Yet, nospam (in another thread about Patty Winter's friend) insists the functionality exists.

OK. Let's find out the truth, shall we.

Does free incoming/outgoing automatic call recording functionality to internal storage exist on non-jailbroken Apple iOS phones or not?

Heck, let's make the functionality challenge even simpler for the shackled iOS users by eliminating the Android freedom to store on the local device cards any length they can fit.

So let's make the challenge kindergarten simple for the crippled iOS users, shall we?

Does automatic call recording exist on nonjailbroken iOS phones?

Reply to
Tomos Davies
Loading thread data ...

Whatever!

Reply to
John McWilliams

In , John McWilliams suggested:

Even nospam can't and won't refute the facts.

The fact is, I could open thread after thread after thread of what app power exists already on Android that will probably never be on iOS.

Why? Not because of the hardware. Apple hardware is only marginally inferior to decent Android hardware.

The reason is that Apple cripples what iOS can do.

Reply to
Tomos Davies

Isn't recording of phone calls illegal without the other person's consent? Maybe it's better to keep the first phone user out of trouble and also Apple free from lawsuits.

Reply to
badgolferman

depends where, but the troll doesn't give a shit about what's legal.

it's more so that apps can't record calls *without* your knowledge.

Reply to
nospam

I wouldn't want an automatic one myself. Is this close enough.

Voice Recorder (FREE) by TapMedia Ltd

formatting link

Reply to
badgolferman

In , nospam suggested:

The whole legality thing is only something iOS people bring up because they can't do it.

It's like their momma tells them they can't wear pink and so, to rationalize it, they say "oh, pink is for sissies anyway".

The whole legality thing is a red herring.

Like so many other bits of functionality, iOS can't do it not because the hardware is inferior; the best Apple hardware is only slightly inferior to the best Android hardware.

The reason you can't do it is because of Apple. Why?

It's probably what you say below - but it's clear it has nothing to do with laws (since there are plenty of ways around the laws, e.g., witness what our rooftop radios do every day to stay within the laws of each country).

Badgolferman, It has NOTHING to do with laws. Nothing.

It has everything to do with decisions made by Apple. What they decide is up to them.

It makes their life easier, for sure, to not have to deal with the user having the app power that Android users have.

In control there is money. Apple controls almost everything.

And Apple makes a LOT of money.

Reply to
Tomos Davies

In , badgolferman suggested:

The whole "legality" issue is a complete red herring (same with bit torrenting apps) but I'll answer your legality questions anyway.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm familiar with the laws of the USA in general, where there are 1 party and 2 party states and states without laws altogether on the topic, I would think.

A one party state is one where only one person has to know about it. This precludes a third person (not in the conversation) recording the call.

A two party state requires both to know about it.

All states allow you to record conversations involved with safety such as if you're being threatened or stalked or bothered in a potentially harmful way. (HINT: it's just like the cellphone laws, in a way, which allow you to call 911 using your hands.)

In other parts of the world, I'm sure the laws vary, but the USA is all that I care about so I'll let Rod Speed talk about Australia and others handle the rest of the world as they see fit (Sobriquet for eastern europe, for example).

Reply to
Tomos Davies

In , badgolferman suggested:

There is huge power in automation. Anything else is just audio recording.

It's like the difference between an automatically driven car and one you drive manually. The Big Thing(TM) is the automation; not the audio recording.

That is, if you just want *manual* audio recording, those apps abound.

I took a look at your app:

formatting link
which might work on phone calls, but there are plenty of phone recording apps that are probably more to the point.

I think all of them (on iOS) cost money though, last I checked anyway, so, like most things iOS, your choices are limited by how much money someone wants to wring out of you as they're usually subscription services.

One reason to *never* pay for voice recording apps, by the way, is that your culpable deniability and ability to chuck the sd card goes out the window once you pay for the privilege and perhaps even store your data on someone's servers.

So, subscription services for phone recording is a "bad idea"(TM). So is storing the recorded audio on a cloud server.

The Good Idea(TM) is just turning on automatic voice recording using a free app, and, voila. Your last 200 phone calls are saved, in their entirety, to your sd card, where the 201st call wipes out the first as it loops back through them.

That's how the free Android app works anyway.

formatting link

If you want more than 200 calls at a time, you can then pay for an upgrade.

However, if you use any decent file redirector, you can have the directory where the calls are stored moved the moment the file closes, so the app thinks there is only one file at any time.

This is what I use for that purpose (but it's completely optional):

formatting link

Reply to
Tomos Davies

In , John McWilliams suggested:

Remember I only speak verifiable facts. Nospam makes it all up, playing to the iOS gullible.

Here is nospam's original response.

formatting link

Notice that he plays to the gullible by omitting what matters by way of functionality...

install a call recording app. duh.

here's a few:

Reply to
Tomos Davies

Not in plenty of jurisdictions.

That may well be why Apple doesn?t make it easy to do. Pain in the arse IMO.

Clearly google has more of a clue on that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I do. It isnt always possible to know in advance when you will want to refresh your memory about some detail of what was said.

Nope, its not completely automatic and I don?t want to have them get all my phone conversations.

Reply to
Rod Speed

In , Rod Speed suggested:

I agree completely with Rod Speed. Automation is a functionality in and of itself.

The reason for wanting the automation is the same reason you have calendar apps beep you and why you have bells indicating period changes at the high school and why you have automatic file redirectors which move the files the moment they are written to and closed, etc.

You have automation in your trash pickup, and automation in your sprinkler system, and automation in on street lights, etc.

Sure, nospam might say that putting a cop in every street corner is a manual equivalent of the functionality of automation, but my argument is that automation is a functionality in and of itself.

It's not that the Apple iOS devices can't be automated (since Jolly Roger constantly tells us that the apps exist on Cydia); it's just that Apple doesn't allow you that power.

Android does.

Reply to
Tomos Davies

In , Tomos Davies suggested:

Freudian slip perhaps?

It's not "culpable deniability".

It's plausible deniability!

Sheesh. I'm officially embarrassed by my error. Luckily, nobody seems to have noticed my error.

formatting link
[quote] Culpable deniability is an interesting concept that reached its zenith in

2009 at the height of the Iran-Contra affair. This term implies that someone can be held accountable because they stood by and watched while others participated in an illegal or immoral activity.[/quote]
Reply to
Tomos Davies

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.