zonealarm problem

Well I am running 4.5.538.00 pro on a p3-450!! Previously I was using win98se with the same version, when I did a complete format & put on Win

2000 pro I did not have the stated problem(s) until a few days ago. I do not think it is a speed problem on shutdown as Win 2000 pro runs slightly slower on my machine than Win 98se did, but I upgraded to get a more stable version of Windows. I have tried the custom cookies & mobile code but I will try the backup of settings idea. I like zap pro for the same reasons & have used Steve Gibsons site to check for problems, got a clean bill of health as well. What was the last 4.5.xxx version since if I use that version it might help.
Reply to
DNA
Loading thread data ...

Glad it worked! Some other running program must be conflicting with it at shutdown. Does ZAP have several .temp files in the Internet Logs folder on your C Drive? Those are created every time ZAP has a glitch. You can delete them, also the .txt logs unless you want to keep them. I also delete the tvdebug.log when it gets too large. ZAP creates that file to send to ZoneLabs if tech support requests it when trying to solve a problem. I don't figure that's likely to happen. I fix it myself. The rest of the files are necessary. Do the cleanup after you shut down ZAP. I've found that ZAP has less problems if I keep that folder light as possible. Thanks for posting back.

charlie R

Reply to
charlie R

worked, thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
DNA

happen. I

cleanup

Those ZL files are put there by ZAP. If they're not deleted on reboot, you can delete them after shutting down ZAP. Windows won't let you delete a file while the App is running.

charlie R

Reply to
charlie R

I have a file called "ZLT02015.TMP" in my "C:\\WINNT\\Temp", whenever I try to delete it, I get a message that it is in use.

Dee.

Reply to
DNA

Dee

Reply to
DNA

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.