ZoneAlarm access question

Pretty new to all this so don't know if what I would like to do is possible. Since I finally got cable internet I installed ZoneAlarm (free). I use PCAnywhere (remote) to access my families pc's for problem solving. None of us have static IP addresses so we exchange IP addresses. I plug it into PCAnywhere and they plug my address into ZA as "trusted" and away we go. What I would like to able to do is to leave my pc set as a Host in PCA so that when I'm away on business I can access it. Problem is that I use my laptop with hotel internet access and so the ip address is always different and ZA will always block access. Is there any way to set ZA up (or any other wirewall s/w) to recognize my actual laptop is trying to gain access?

Jeff

Reply to
JPW
Loading thread data ...

Taking a moment's reflection, JPW mused: | | Is there any way to set ZA up (or any other wirewall s/w) to recognize my | actual laptop is trying to gain access?

If pcAnywhere is given access to be a Server in the Internet Zone, then the IP of the connecting client shouldn't matter. Since you say you are adding the IPs to the Trusted Zone, this suggests you have only given pcA Server rights to the Trusted Zone.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.