Zone Alarm to allow programs to access an IP address

The site Your Zone Alarm wants to access happens to be a global internet registry service database called RIPE.NET. If you've recently switched from a dial-up connection to broadband, etc., Zone Alarm might have difficulty with a possibly defunct FTP program such as MFC. It needs to verify the registration status of your ISP as part of it's own peculiar way of protecting your computer. It's not the system programs that want to access this site, but rather Zone Alarm. Completely uninstall Zone Alarm, and then reinstall it from scratch. It will self-configure.

Reply to
Garth
Loading thread data ...

My XP Pro system ocassionally has system programs which want to access IP address 194.168.8.100 port 53.

I don't know why (maybe it is to do with multicasting) but it seems these applications want to talk to my ISSP's DNS server.

Is there a way to configure free Zone Alarm 4.5.594.000 to allow all communications from within my PC which want to go to 194.168.8.100? Can I set something in Firewall > Zones?

Reply to
Lem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.