Zone Alarm Firewall Network Settings

Hello all,

I am trying to resolve network problems on a two PC Network.

Both PC's are running XP Pro and both have Zone Alarm Installed, I think the Windows Firewall is turned off, at least it says so in the Windows Firewall General Tab.

In Windows Firewall what needs to be installed and ticked in the Exceptions Tab, I just noticed that on my main PC file and print sharing was ticked does this mean that the firewall is blocking access?

On the advanced tab all Network Adaptors are listed when selecting the Settings button it takes you to Advanced Settings for each Adaptor, What Services should be allowed, for instance on my main PC DHCP(67), (68) DNS UPnP TCP & UPnP UDP) are selected but on the Laptop they are not?

None of the above were mentioned in any ICS Web Site that I have used for setting up ICS.

What settings are required for IP addresses in Zone Alarm Frewall. Trusted or Internet or Both?

Ta

Reply to
Skavenger
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.