iptables and vpn...

Hi

I have a Linux machine which is connected to the internet. It runs iptables and uses nat to allow other machines in my local network to access the internet.

Now, I want a Windows XP machine in my LAN to run XP's VPN client to access my company's private network over the internet via my Linux server.

Hence, I must configure the iptables firewall to let the VPN-traffic through. My question then: how should it be configured?

/Tompa

Reply to
tompa1969
Loading thread data ...

Don't you allow all the traffic to go out from your lan? If you do it's easy to setup- masquerade and keep stateful traffic. If you allow only specific traffic out from your lan then it also depends on the global policy you set: if policy to drop all then setup to allow rule in prerouting chain and the also in forward chain for 1723 port and protocol 47 which gre tunnel. If you don't have drop all policy then forward chain will be accepting the traffic to pass through and you only need to configure prerouting.chain. That's an idea, rules you will try to write yourself.

Reply to
Alex G

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.