Zone Alarm Pro and Port Forwarding

I have Pro evolution soccer 5 and I am trying to access online gaming. I have to use port 5730, Zone Alarm suite (15 day trial at the moment) blocks this even when I give it all the required permissions. Is there anyway to tell ZA to let traffic through this port. I can disable ZA and go online, but that kinda defeats the purpose of a firewall.

thanks John

Reply to
JF
Loading thread data ...

If ZA is not what I am needing, then can you tell me if there any good software based firewalls which do allow port forwarding??

John

Reply to
JF

No. Not if you're just using the Windows-Firewall or not offering unwanted network services. You don't need Zone Alarm then.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I already mentioned solutions above. More about disabling unwanted network services you can find here:

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

What are you talking about? ZA is like any other host based packet filter. You learn how to open the required port. I don't use ZA but it can't be that hard. If nothing else, use Google.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I've tried right clicking on the pes5 segment and can see no option for allowing a specific port.

Reply to
JF

Like I said, you're not the only one that's used it, find a ZA NG or forum.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

JF, Use the Help file inside the ZA interface, or better yet, click on the Link to the ZA Forums, also inside the Help file.

charlie R

gaming. I

Reply to
charlie R

You'll need to create a rule in ZA to allow that port. Rules are a real pain in the ass in ZA in general and not very intuitive, so I'd suggest you ask about this in the official ZA forums and get someone to go thru the steps involved. But it is possible.

Reply to
Kerodo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.