Zone Alarm Pro 5.1 has an exposed port ?

Hi, I recently purchased ZA Pro to use with my router. I'm happy with it. However, a friend of mine who repairs PC's told me that the software firewalls are vulnerable to hacking because of a port they use. This doesn't make sense to me, because I'm sure all the firewall companies are aware of hacker tactics. How difficult is ZA to hack ? Thanks for your time. Steve

Reply to
steve h.
Loading thread data ...

Well, even if there was an 'exposed' port then it wouldn't be visible behind the router unless you've forwarded any ports. Ask you friend to explain exactly what he means by an 'exposed port' in a bit more detail than his vague comments and post his explanation here.

If you want to test your firewall then go to

formatting link
and run ShieldsUp! or
formatting link
and check any port you like, you'll find they're all closed or stealth.

HTH

Regards

Bill

Reply to
phoenix

Taking a moment's reflection, steve h. mused: | | I recently purchased ZA Pro to use with my router. I'm happy with | it. However, a friend of mine who repairs PC's told me that the software | firewalls are vulnerable to hacking because of a port they use. This | doesn't make sense to me, because I'm sure all the firewall companies are | aware of hacker tactics. How difficult is ZA to hack ? Thanks for your | time.

Unless your friend can provide a substantive answer to the that of "phoenix," I would cease taking computer advice from this friend. Because, unless he knows something the rest of the world doesn't, he's full of it.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.