ZonaAlarm issues?

For some reason, my ZoneAlarm (free), with latest updates, renders my Firefox browser unable to get to certain links at random. Is this a know issue? I have v5.5.062.011. I've uninstalled/re-installed it already.

Reply to
Zilla
Loading thread data ...

For example, sometimes I can connect to google, sometimes not, same for eBay, microsoft, etc. Or just links that folks post, and I click and I get "Can not find link so and so..." At first I thought this was an issue with my DNS, but not. Then I looked for issues with Firefox,and turned off the IPv6 feature, which was known to cause this. Now I get the problem at random. If I close ZA, I can connect to links with no problem.

Reply to
Zilla

What do you mean "get to certain links at random"?

Reply to
Wattsville Blues

Fine you found the solution yourself. Uninstall the ZA crap, it is useless anyway.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Thanks, that may be next on my list. I'll try Sygate, which a lot of folks here recommend.

Reply to
Zilla

Use XP SP2 firewall. It does what it's supposed to do without making problems all the time...

Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Vogt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.