Windows Firewall or NAV Internet Worm Protection?

I understand it's not a good idea to have 2 firewalls turned on at the same time. I have Norton AntiVirus 2005 and it includes an "Internet Worm Protection" feature, which is not quite a full firewall, I think. Of the 2, Windows Firewall (Window XP SP2) and NAV Internet Worm Protection, which one offers me the better protection?

Thank you.

Brenda

Reply to
Brenda M
Loading thread data ...

When is an AV application a FW or has any reminisce of being a FW? I don't think that it has anything to do with a FW this Worm Protection feature of Norton AV 2005 and an AV application is NOT a FW application. Therefore, you should be able to run the XP FW and Norton AV 2005 with Worm Protection at the same time as they have different functions. One is a FW application and the other is an AV application.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

a good firewall stops worms from getting in, a virus scanner removes them after they have entered, thus having both gives twice the protection

Reply to
rrweis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.