ZA (free) vs. Sygate PF (free)

Uninstalled ZA and installed Sygate - wow what a difference in PC performance on- and off-line.

Reply to
Zilla
Loading thread data ...

ZA had problems with its True Vector Engine and I had to uninstall/re-install it 2x. I posted earlier that I have intermittent problems connecting to web sites (I have DSL) I attributed it to ZA, that is, I try to get to link, I time-out, turn off ZA, try again, I connect. I also had problem downloading NG headers, mail, etc., which were all alleviated when I disable ZA.

Downloads are also noticeably faster for both online surfing, and e-mail and NG.

I've been using ZA for years and thought my issues to be the norm, but when the TVE issues came up I didn't want to mess with it anymore. Thanks to this group I tried Sygate and have been please with it so far.

Reply to
Zilla

Why? better? worse? more info wopuld be welcome.

Bye Maurice

Reply to
Maurice ON4BAM

Thanks, that's a lot more useful posting than the first one :-) I use ZA for years too and so far have not encountered any problems with it. I'm planning to change the OS ( 98SE to W2K) on an old laptop in the coming weeks, I might just try SPF.

Bye Maurice

Reply to
Maurice ON4BAM

I switched from ZA to SPF about 4 years ago and have never looked back!

Reply to
Canis lupus

Ditto (about a year, though).

ZA runs good for a month or so, then gets progressively worse and worse (crashes - slowdowns - memory leaks - stops responding, etc).

Sygate seems to be the easiest one to use, just "fire and forget". It also has the easiest interface, imho. Never had a problem with it.

I was running Outpost Free before I went to ZA, had some problems with it which I think were related mainly to me being at the beginning of my firewall learning curve. Another nice program and from what I remember had a bit more "icing" on it, but they've discontinued the development of the free version.

Reply to
Amamba

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.