ZA 6 and Google Desktop

I got the alert message from ZA to update to Ver6 so I downloaded the Ver 6 update -- free version. When I went to install it it said that Google Desktop Search is running and to turn it off during install. I don't know where to turn off Google Desktop.

I'm using XPpro. I don't see any mention of Google Desktop Search in the Applications tab of the task manager, nor do I see an entry in the Processes tab.

\\Samson

Reply to
Samson
Loading thread data ...

I don't use it but found this on the Google Desktop site:

How do I turn Google Desktop on or off?

To turn Google Desktop off, right-click the Google Desktop icon in your Windows system tray (near your clock). Choose "Exit" from the context menu.

To re-start Google Desktop, double-click the Google Desktop icon on your desktop or go to "Start" > "Programs" > "Google Desktop."

When you first install Google Desktop, it's turned on by default. Google Desktop is designed to run in the background, so you can leave it running most of the time. If or when you do turn Google Desktop off, keep in mind that it won't be able to make any of the email, files, or other items that you view during that time searchable. You won't find these items in your Google Desktop results until you view them again while Google Desktop is turned on.

Reply to
Craig

Reply to
Eric D

Yes, I think I will hold off on going to 6. \\samson

:

as there seems to be major issues with the version 6 of the ZA (free) version. I have installed it and my PC now has major problems.

formatting link

Reply to
Samson

formatting link

Yeah... the latest update almost screwed up my laptop. Luckily I actually LOOK at what's wrong before randomly trying to fix things... I dropped back down to the previous update, and all my problems (like constantly thrasing HD) went away.

Reply to
Ryan P.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.