Problem with sygate and hotmail

In Message-ID: posted on Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:13:25 GMT, Josie wrote: Begin

Maybe try enabling port 110 for email?

Reply to
Bart Bailey
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I'm using the free version of sygate on my windows xp pc (service pack 1 installed).

I download my hotmail/msn mail using outlook express. Prior to installing sygate, I had no problems, now I just can't download my mail. I've enabled port 80 on the outlook express section of sygate, but still no joy.

I've scoured the newsgroups and forums, but no one seems to be able to solve this one. I recall that the last time I installed this software on my pc some time ago, a sygate box popped up asking me if I wanted to connect to my hotmail, so I said yes - this time around this little box never popped up. I've tried reinstalling sygate, but no joy.

Any help would be much apprecated. Thanks in advance. Lucky

Reply to
Josie

Look in Sygate's traffic log and see if there is any indication of a request being blocked. If you find it then you can write a rule to permit it. Trust you have set Sygate to "Allow All" to see it your mail works properly without Sygate's Normal mode. You might try enabling other logs to see if that gives you some info. I have ICMP type 3,4 enabled for my mail (not hotmail/msn). Billh

Reply to
billh

I tried doing that too, oh well thanks for replying.

Reply to
Josie

installing

Hm, I just switched from ZoneAlarm to the free Sygate Personal 5.5, too, under XP Home Ed, and my Hotmail shows up fine in the Outlook Express 6 Inbox. Just like before, under ZA.

Rudy

Reply to
R. P.

I've reverted back to Zone Alarm - so much for the experiment! Thanks for the replies anyway! :)

Reply to
Josie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.