removal of ZA makes spampal work

TB already has an excellent spam filter, so why using Spampal?

And you never noticed how it messed up your networking functions?

*shaking head*

Simply not. Windows Firewall doesn't support application control and that's a good thing, because it simply doesn't work and just messes up the computer with all kinds of unstable and insecure code.

Once you stop believing in that you'd have any control about programs that are already running, you might come back to normal.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk
Loading thread data ...

A few days ago, I had installed spampal but it never marked any mail as spam for my TB. And my inter-software traffic between my PC was very slow. I have written about these in several threads.

Going by the suggestions of various members of this ng, today I gathered courage and stopped ZA 6.1 free version (not uninstalled, just exit-ed it, and asked not to load at startup.)

Then, I put the charge in the hands of xp windows firewall.

And, when I booted the computer, spampal is working in full swing and the speed of pc has also returned its old good self.

I am quite satisfied.

Hope some other members could also give it a try and see whether their problems get reduced.

I was using ZA 4.5 free version for some years, this 6.1 I had downloaded and installed just a fortnight ago, and it was causing all sorts of problems.

This closes all my threads. Thanks for your patience and right directions you all had provided.

While we are at it, how do we get windows firewall icon in the systray for quick inclusion/exclusion of programs.

For that matter, windows firewall seems to already include the program for access without giving me any alert at all, ever since I started using it.

Reply to
V S Rawat

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.