Why does Kerio 4.1.2 block ALL traffic?!

This newbie is having trouble getting Kerio 4.1.2 to work properly... When enabled it blocks ALL access to the internet. If I disable the firewall (or uncheck 'Enable Network Security Module'--maybe the same thing), traffic flows fine.

Version 4.0.16 worked fine. The XP-SP2 firewall is OFF.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there anything I could tweak that isn't obvious?

Thanks in advance

S.

Reply to
<wilberNOfan
Loading thread data ...

Many people would agree with that statement I'm afraid...

Reply to
Kerodo

From grc.security.software :

"I did everything... removed the folders from Program Files, wiped every instance of Kerio (except the MRUs) from the registry and still each time I installed 4.1.2 in either Simple or Advanced mode, it blocked all inbound traffic for applications like Firefox and Thunderbird. I did manage to get it to run a Time Server application and Nslookup, and to ping my router.

So I confirm your findings, can't offer a solution or workaround."

Reply to
Jordan

In several days of trying, I have yet to find anyone who has been able to solve this problem. I've actually been trying Outpost Firewall for a couple of days; there is much about it I like. I may have found my replacement for NIS 2005!

Reply to
<wilberNOfan

I recently installed Windows 98 fresh on a computer and then installed Kerio 4.12, then AVG Free antivirus. Then plugged the 100mbit internet.

I could not by any trick och method finish a windows update, or even download a ie6sp1-setup from microsoft.

After rebooting 2 or 3 times and had the AVG turned off with no progess I got tired and uninstalled 4.12 and hooked the computer with the old 2.15. Worked as well as it always does with 2.15.

Why did they make that shitty firewall 4.12? They should have stayed pro and continued to develop 2.15 instead I think.

Reply to
Bene

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.