Block Outgoing Traffic Only

Is it possible to block outgoing traffic only, using Sygate Personal Firewall? Thanks.

Al

Reply to
AlleyCat
Loading thread data ...

You can open up a box of Meow Mix and do some research.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

I would send you a screenshot of the page you sent, and see how many links I have already visited, but I'm not a waster of time such as you. I was looking for someone that might have answers, not a father-figure that says get the dictionary every time "I" have a word I don't know. "Look it up", is not what newsgroups are for. Any help, anyone... else?

Al

Reply to
AlleyCat

You can block some traffic. You can block all traffic. You cannot reliably block all unwanted traffic.

F'up2csf

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

No one is here to hold your hand on a question that's been asked 10,000 times. At least show some kind of imitative, instead of stabbing at thin air.

It's all based on who is sitting behind the wheel and is doing the driving, princess. You should learn how to get the broom and mop out of the closet, instead of someone getting it for you. You can do it put it together AlleyCat put it together. AlleyCats are suppose to be smart and tuff.

formatting link

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Al, you can block outgoing trafic only with Sygate. Create this Advanced Rule: Name: Block Outgoing; Action: block; Hosts: all addresses; Ports and Protocol: all; Traffic Direction: outgoing.

Place this as Rule 1 above any other rule in Advanced Rules. Casey

Reply to
Casey

Thanks Casey. It would seem that Sebastian and "Mr. Arnold" are here "only" to discuss... they're far too busy to lend a helping hand, but not too busy to take the time to write and tell others to help themselves... they serve no purpose here. I should go back and read posts from the past and see how many "discussions" on Firewalls there really were. This was not a life or death scenario here, just wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to block outgoing traffic only. I dabble in something that's not really worth the time discussing here, and was sending a lot of traffic out with no real reason. I just wanted to stop it and investigate what might be causing the traffic. I had forgotten all about it, but my newsreader protects my posts and those that respond from auto deletion. I will write new rules for the aforementioned. Don't bother "guys"... you are Bozo binned and this group unsubscribed. Thanks again, Casey.

Al

Reply to
AlleyCat

My goodness more cat chatter, we all know you're lying about it. AlleyCat you really are stupid. Your posts are protected? AlleyCat, take your silly behind and walk on down the alley somewhere, before you get skinned alive. A two year old could have made the rules with no problems with Sygate. You're to stupid a dumb cat. This alley cat is not so smart and tuff -- walk on down the alley -- walk on down the alley AlleyCat.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Tehn you have a very serious that cannot be resolved by simply using a packet filter.

So you want to block all unwanted outgoing traffic, but not block wanted traffic? This doesn't work.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.