Unable to block traffic from VM Workstation

Hi

I have developed firewall with NDIS hooking. It's working fine, monitoring the traffic on machine. I have installed VMWare workstation on my machine(Bridge mode). I can access internet through VM workstation(Winxp sp2). Firewall is not blocking the traffic from VM workstation.

So what could be the basic problem regarding this issue. What I am missing? How can i block traffic to and from VM.

Thanks,

Devang

Reply to
Devang
Loading thread data ...

Someone more familiar with the Windows TCP/IP stack will give you the best answer. I'm not sure how many people reading this group have much used VMWare.

But, in a broad brush statement, since VMWare bridges to the physical NIC, it's obviously bypassing your firewall, likely as its operating at a lower layer than your hooking is occuring.

A Windows programming forum is probably a better forum to find a good answer. You might also want to try some other commercial software firewalls and see whether any of them intercept vmware traffic. I can tell you that Symantec's seems to be aware of interfaces VMWare binds to the stack.

Reply to
Todd H.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.