Why can't I see Leythos's posts?

As stated in the subject line, for some reason I do not 'get' any of Leythos's posts. As far as I can tell I do not have him in my killfile so what gives? The only way I currently can tell that he posted/posts something at all is when somebody replies directly to his post.

Reply to
ArtDent
Loading thread data ...

"ArtDent" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Leythos's posts use a from address of snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.lan. I see from your headers you use News Rover, which has at least three methods of filtering: block messages from sender, block messages from site, and exclude expressions. Either one of those is causing the problem, or your Usenet PROVIDER is blocking certain messages as spam (unlikely). Try a different newsreader temporarily to find out.

Reply to
Mark Blain

Could be any number of reasons, but it's got to be something you've setup.

Try Super Gravity or some other news reader.

Reply to
Leythos

:)

Bogwitch.

Reply to
Bogwitch

X-No-Archive: Yes

There is an easy solution, use Outlook Express instead of News Rover (what the headers say you are using). Just like I tell people who wonder why they cannot get my radio station using Firefox. Some peope outright STUBBOURNLY refuse to use Internet Explorer, which is the ONLY browser Live 365 streaming works with.

Use IE/Outlook Express, and you will NEVER go wrong. If you use any other brower or newsreader, something is bound not to work. IE and Outlook are the STANDARD for Email, browising, and Usenet.

Reply to
Chilly8

Using IE is the fastest way to get your computer compromised for the ignorant masses and there is nothing worth having that is only supported on IE - except maybe your bank connection.

OE is not a proper Usenet client, it's an after thought and requires patches to work properly and then people still screw up and download malware with it.

Neither IE or Outlook Express are good at what they do - and the evidence is in the number of compromised users found using them vs some other product.

Reply to
Leythos

Unless, of course, you're concerned with security... IE and OE have probably had more security patches than any other pieces of software on the market.

Reply to
Notan

I got the same problem. A couple of days ago, his post just stop showing on the Earthlink NG Servers both East and West coast servers.

This is happening with two different NG readers Vista WM and Thunderbird. I don't have him killfiled in any NG client application with either NG client reader, and I have not changed anything.

I am able to see his posts in the msnews.micorsoft.com NG(s) with both readers. It's kind of strange as to why this is happening. :)

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Hi,

This ist not not even true for the plattform these run on.

Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

oh no! there comes the figure skating ad.

yes we know, your stream is undetectable for even the best admins and sec appliances...

M
Reply to
mak

Not much point on being in this NG unless you can read Leythos's posts! ;^)

Jim Ford

Reply to
Jim Ford

Maybe your news server have problems, you can try another one

formatting link
then check can you see Leythos's posts.

Similar thing happened to me year ago (not only with Leythos's posts and not only this group). So I red posts on one read only news server and then reply to myself on one I'm using. After complaining to news server admin (not only me) problem is solved.

Reply to
alf

Thanks for the great laugh first thing in the morning chilly. Great way to start the day.

Reply to
jason

Windows is a MUST for computing existence.

Reply to
Chilly8

Strange enough, my posts seem to show up on other servers.

Reply to
Void

Not true, if everyone could use a common document format then Windows platform would not be needed. The only reason to keep using Windows is because of all the people that don't know how to share documents - meaning they don't know how to use Save AS.

Fedora Core x permits access to most windows functions, like a client that works with Exchange servers, and we all know you don't need IE or the crappy OE product.

Reply to
Void
[ The usual bullshit ]

Don't feed the troll. Thank you.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

How about this one - can you see this one Friday 12:30 EST.

Reply to
Leythos

Stranger and stranger, this post I can see, but the one Jbob replied to I can not. As was mentioned by someone else, I think it is something Earthlink is doing. Time to think of paying for 'real' usenet access again. EL is switching over to outsourced usenet and things are really in the air right now. Groups dropping and all sorts of fun.

That was a good laugh I got from Mr. IceSkater tho. :)

Reply to
ArtDent

Hi,

Chilly8 schrieb:

You think so? How do you explain all the mainframes? Special appliances with RT-Operating systems?

How would business survive, if all the marketing agencies can't work any longer, because they rely on Macintosh software?

No animation movies anymore?

Boring place your Computing Existance.

Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.