Untraceble email back to my computer/identity ?

Hello

I live in a non-US country and would like to report something illegal via email, however I am fearful of the email being traced back to me somehow.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?

I was planning on the below, from an internet cafe or hotel business center or library:

1. Configuring web browser to connect via proxy in another country
  2. Use web-based Type-II remailer such as RIOT or PARONIA to send email. Links below

formatting link
formatting link
is this a good plan? I do NOT have access to my own computer, allowing me to run Quicksilver or Jack B Nymble.

Another idea is use Anonymizer (paid for with cash) and launch HushMail while Anonymizer is active, and send the email. This can be done while connected to a proxy server located in another country, altho this may or may not be necessary for anonyminity.

comments, thoughts?

Thank You

Reply to
internet
Loading thread data ...

On 25 May 2005 13:01:01 -0700, someone posing as snipped-for-privacy@spamhole.com donned fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

Use Hotmail.

Reply to
Perfect Reign

Please don't place much value in Beavis' verbal outbursts. He's been dropped on his head, as a child. Several times.

Your original suggestions appear sensible.

Beavis, I post something every day. But thanks for noticing.

Really, Beavis?

You use slrn. I dare you to post a link to the patch to slrn that does anything like this. Come on, Beavis. Here's your chance to prove that you've been properly toilet-trained; that you're actually telling the truth and not whistling through your ass.

Post the link, Beavis.

But, we all know that you won't. Your problem is not just that you're a dumbass. Your problem is that you religiously believe that nobody realizes that you're a dumbass.

And that's precisely why you're a dumbass. Figure it out.

Reply to
Sam

| Fuck off you .rotarded spamming spic wanker. | | -- | Mimic |

Tell the jerk to f**k off. However keep the racism out !

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below) about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you are obviously very familiar with.

Right.

If you want to report something illegal anonymously, use snail mail.

That's what people with brains do.

Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways to post to various servers anonymously.

They don't realize that the only reason that no one has tracked them down (or rather, bothered to do anything with that information) is that no one has any reason to do so: Trolls don't DO anything but run their ignorant mouths on the Internet.

No one is going to take information that comes via an 'anonymous' email seriously. Unlike trolls, most people have functioning minds.

Spealing of trolls, I see that "Sam" has posted something again.

174:[Sam ] XXXXXXX

My newsreader strips the body, and extraneous headers from the posts of known trolls, and changes the Subject to XXXXXX as above.

I suppose that he is complaining about his Mommy not changing his diapers often enough again.

AC

Reply to
Alan Connor

Fuck off you .rotarded spamming spic wanker.

Reply to
Mimic

you have something against Mexicans?

-- Jim Watt

formatting link

Reply to
Jim Watt

On 26 May 2005 19:25:54 +0200, someone posing as ThePsyko donned fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

Hmm, that kind of goes against the whole concept of wanking, eh?

Reply to
Perfect Reign

I can't think of any better example of a troll post. You've illustrated your point very well.

Reply to
NetworkElf

Not if they know they are a suspect and know anything about modern forensic document analysis. If you are sure you are not being followed and can get access to a computer then I would suggest that you would be safer using email than post if you wanted to be a whistleblower.

Yes they do, they live under bridges......

Actually, I'd tend to disagree with that. It's like saying that nobdy takes what comes in an unsigned note seriously and law enforcement organizations do that all the time.

Reply to
andy smart

Since when is 'Hispanic' a race?

Reply to
NerdRevenge

....alright you guys win the "gross me out" contest. Congrats...

Michael

Reply to
Michael Pelletier

Gross? We haven't even brought hamsters into this thread.

Reply to
Perfect Reign

What's this, Craw's version of a domesticated squirrel? ;p

Reply to
JM

heh it was just the first general foreigner offensive word that popped into my head.

Reply to
Mimic

On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, "NerdRevenge" made their contribution to mankind by stating in news:LBnle.1836$rY6.1530 @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

Perhaps he was just a really clean wanker?

spic

adj : completely neat and clean; "the apartment was immaculate"; "in her immaculate white uniform"; "a spick-and-span kitchen"; "their spic red- visored caps" [syn: immaculate, speckless, spick-and-span, spic-and-span, spick, spotless]

Reply to
ThePsyko

On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, Perfect Reign made their contribution to mankind by stating in news:1117137319.d70b80b5beb7947d2bb6f2a3bcc7391f@teranews:

Before usenet, that's what socks were used for!

Reply to
ThePsyko

On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, Perfect Reign made their contribution to mankind by stating in news:1117155743.50ff147946ab06eb45992c7b3e74b3f1@teranews:

Or the duct tape :)

Reply to
ThePsyko

I laughed all day. Priceless.

johns

Reply to
johns

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.