what happened to winroute pro

couple of years ago, i had a customer that had bought winroute 4 pro. i worked with it and was impressed with it. fast slick easy to use etc. now it's 2005 and ive got another customer who has a need for up to 25 port mappings to be in place so i recommend and download the new winroute pro. what a difference!!! what used to be this small tight easy fast program is now this slow verbose "firewall" that looks like it's going to take more time than it's worth to make work. i cant see how to disable the "firewall" part of it and it seems to iterfere with the web server that's on the network and everything else. can the firewall feature of it be disabled ?

Reply to
EMERY_BILL
Loading thread data ...

Sure, just make a rule that says allow all in both directions. Easy.

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

we have decided to just buy a little router that allows for up to 50 port mappings rather than going with winroute. too bad, used to be a tight little program when it was tiny software.

Reply to
EMERY_BILL

Good idea, since you wanted a router and not a firewall.

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.