URL Filtering- Please read

Hi,

I am looking for inexpensive URL filtering software which can work with my Cisco PIX firewall.

Any suggestion gratefully appreciated.

Rob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

Any software does. You probably want parental control software on the pc. This is hard based on so many out there. Look at

formatting link
for a fairly good one, $35 I think and no subscription or anything. Just buy it, after the free trial and then use it for however long you want. It's also got some awesopme reporting features too, some of the best. You are basically downloading the client software which logs in, it stores all the settings on their web site so you don't have to worry about big file downloads or anything either. It's got in my opinion one of the better user interfaces of any parental control url filtering software out there.

There is also cyberpatrol which is pretty good too. Then there's a bunch of others, but I'd look at those 2 and first try for free the safeeyes.

Reply to
Joe

ops, they raised the price to $49.95, wow, :( however it's still really good.

Reply to
Joe

How about a plain old HOSTS file to block the IP addresses of the unwanted URLs?

Steve

Reply to
Steve H

i want to make url filtering server.

therefore i need url filtering protocol,

do u have any information about it

Reply to
siddu

The protocol depends on the type of URL -- the most common one being HTTP, which you can find described in RFC2616. The URL scheme itself, you can find described in RFC2396.

But somehow, since you're too lazy to even spell out "you", I don't think that's what you were looking for.

Reply to
Arthur Hagen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.