Web filtering software for Cisco Pix and Routers?

We currently have SonicWall firewalls at some of our remote sites and love their content filtering capability. We are going to deploy more sites and I have been looking at different Cisco Pix solutions and routers but I don't see anything about a content filtering option. Does anyone know if there is one that works well?

Thank you,

-Douglas

Reply to
Douglas McIver
Loading thread data ...

In article , Douglas McIver wrote: :We currently have SonicWall firewalls at some of our remote sites and love :their content filtering capability. We are going to deploy more sites and I :have been looking at different Cisco Pix solutions and routers but I don't :see anything about a content filtering option. Does anyone know if there is :one that works well?

With the PIX 6.x software level, WebSense and N2H2 third-party products are your only options -- PIX 6 has no built-in content filtering support (and not much URL filtering either.)

I haven't investigated PIX 7.0 to see what it does in this regard.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.