Pix 501 url config

hi evryone,

i am complete novice to this firewall. i have read various docs on diff sites, but its dosnt seem to sink in and i was hoping someone here can help me out.

i want to configure url filtering.

for example i want to stop users to access a website like

formatting link

how do i do this please step by step instruction is what i really need not links to other site which i have already tried..much appereciated!!

Thanks

m
Reply to
mcp
Loading thread data ...

You could -try- faking it, but the PIX 501 is not designed for that task. You would have to try configuring url-server to point to a non-existant N2H2 or Websense server, and then use the 'filter url' command to designate what would happen if the N2H2 or Websense server happened to be offline (e.g., because they didn't exist.)

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

formatting link

how would i exactly do that, can you please provide some step by step instructions..Thanks

Reply to
mcp

formatting link

also how would i confgiure url-server please..

Reply to
mcp

Sorry, no. You do not appear to have enough experience to be likely to succeed on this task that has a low chance of success for anyone.

The PIX 501 is not designed for what you are asking to do. Don't keep trying; you will just waste time and time is money. I suggest you install squid and force your users to use it.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.