Symantec Gateway 360

Hi,

I have received the gateway above and are trying to get it working.

I've managed to get it working so that we have internet access but i'm trying to setup port forwarding to our exchange server.

I've added the exchange server into the computers list as an application server and added an inbound rule for SMTP port 25 for this server.

Although the router says it is allowing traffic through I cannot get access to Exchange.

The router firmware is 2.1.0 Build 1103.

Can anyone give me any ideas about what is going on.

Regards,

Andy

Reply to
google
Loading thread data ...

Don't do this. Use an SMTP daemon like qmail or at least postfix or some other controllable like exim before Exchange.

Fortunately.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Hi VB,

We have been using Exchange for 4 years and want to continue using it, but I want to get it working using a new setup with the Symantec Router.

Thanks

Andy

Reply to
google

Yes. But if you want to drive an Internet MTA, please consider the idea, to put a simple MTA in front of Exchange to filter out the worst things.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Ok, to answer your question and to not give you unwanted advice....

To forward SMTP traffic through the firewall, you need to 1. Set up a rule that will allow traffic from "the universe" to your exchange server and 2. setup a static NAT, which I believe Symantec has called "redirected services" in the past.

Reply to
Wayne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.