VPN-Gateway to VPN-Gateway

Hi

I'm stuck!

I need to set up a VPN gateway-to-gateway i.e. I need to see the network at each end, rather than a specific computer.

At one end I have a Linksys WAG54G and at the other end I have a Netgear DG834 ADSL modem/router with VPN passthrough open to a Netgear FVS318.

I would really appreciate some simple instructions on how to set this up.

TIA, Mark ...

Reply to
Mark
Loading thread data ...

If the routers don't have a VPN tab for configuration and don't specifically say that can operate as VPN ENDPOINTS then you have to get ones that can.

In order for VPN END POINTS to work you also need at least one fixed IP address, but both with fixed IP addresses are better.

Reply to
Leythos

Ditch the linksys replace with another FVS318. Ditch the DG834 and get a basic DSL Modem such as the DSL300G for each end. Ensure you have static IP's and different network addresses at each end. Update the firmware on the FVS318's and then fill in each tunnel properties. E.

Reply to
E.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.