Strange ZoneAlarm Alerts

I have Windows XP and there are 3 named user accounts, only one has admin rights. We have been experiencing ZoneAlarm alert boxes being there when we log back in our accounts even though we have no programs running (we usually "switch" user rather than completely logging off, but we always have to enter our password to reenter our accounts). I experimented a bit and found that if I access something that requires permission from ZoneAlarm, then those alert boxes are also popping up for the other users. This never happened before, I'm not sure if it started happening when I upgraded to

6.5.722 because other family members neglected to mention they noticed this happening. Has anyone else experienced this?

AVG did find a trojan called zlob.br on 6/20. I have since run numerous virus scans (AVG and a few online ones), AdAware, SpyBot (regular and safe mode) with no results except cookies and website bookmarks. I also have Spywareblaster. All of these programs are up to date.

Thanks in advance - any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
DG
Loading thread data ...

Maybe it's a new feature. Have you checked into that possibilty?

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

If it is - I don't like it. I checked every feature, tab and advanced setting in ZoneAlarm and I don't see anything about notifying all users who are logged on (or preventing it).

Reply to
DG

The concept to open alert boxes for users is broken. Not the users should be "warned" or even decide security related questions, but the security software should protect the users, and that's it.

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.