Help needed for zonealarm

Hi all,

A lady friend has xphome sp2 and got loaded up with virus' and trojans. I removed them all with ad-aware and avg with updated definitions. The box runs fast now except for 1 problem. Shortly after booting up, scvhost svcs opens some ports and various connections are made 1 after another with packets coming and going. A few of these are to Microsoft, mshotm, savvis, Triton, someone at sbc,etc. There is nothing to really tie this to any program. I have automatic updates disabled. This keeps up until I unplug the network cable. I installed zonealarm and was able to stop scvhost from accessing the Internet. My xp computer doesn't have this problem at all. She, of course is not firewall user friendly.( we tried a firewall at one other time)

How can I identify which services scvhost is calling for? I would like to shut these off. The list in her registry is the same as mine. What would cause hers to cant to connect all of the time and not mine?

There is nothing unusual in the running process list nor in a hijack this scan.

Folks on google have alot of general opinions, but none specific to solve the problem.

Any thoughts? Regards George

Reply to
george
Loading thread data ...

I mean't to say "What would cause hers to connect all of the time and not mine?

Reply to
george

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.