Recomend DSL Router or Firewall

I'm looking for an innexpensive DSL router or firewall to made a PPPoE connection and route or bridge multiple static IP addresses.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
Bishop
Loading thread data ...

Hello Bishop,

I recomment Fortigate firewalls from Fortinet. They support both transparent mode (bridge) and NAT mode (routing).

Out of the box you get SSL VPN(in NAT mode), PPTP VPN, IDP/IDS, antivirus, and antispam functionality.

The Fortigate 60 got 4 configurable interfaces and one 4 port switch.

-- Helge Olav Helgesen

formatting link

Reply to
Helge Olav Helgesen

I am going to research the Fortigate firewalls mentioned in another reply but just to add 2 cents. I have owned 3 LINKSYS router/firewall/switch devices and while they may not have as many features as the Fortigate firewall, they do the job at a fraction of the cost (if we are talking about a home system). Currently I am using the WRTP54G which does a fantastic job of supplying secure wireless, plus 4 port Ethernet switch/router, and 2 VOIP phone ports. It cost something like $150 with a $50 refund from Vonage if cost is an issue.

I have been testing out VOIP since the early 90's and it has finally come of age. Vonage includes all US dialing and receiving calls, using any phone, for $24/mo and the quality of the sound is better than a "plain old phone" line, plus I can listen to my 60 stored voicemails from anywhere on the Net, it supports caller-ID, 911 dialing, and no need to change phone numbers everytime you move, if you don't mind having a "non local" number from your friends perspective....

Cheers, David

Reply to
DRyanHawley

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.