EMAIL Scanning Error/Turned Off in Norton Internet Security (NIS)

The following problem seemed to start about 3 weeks ago. The Anti Virus status window in NIS shows the status of email scanning as ERROR. It is turned off with no way to turn it back on. Uninstalling and reinstalling have not helped. A lengthy discussion with Norton tech support, not surprisingly, was useless as well.

I just cleaned my Registry (WIN 2000), but that too made no difference either. The only other security product I am running is SPYWARE DOCTOR, but uninstalling that did not help either. I am now suspecting a conflict someplace, or perhaps even some as yet unidentified malware.

Any ideas of a possible cause, or an approach I can take?

Reply to
JOHNCHAP2
Loading thread data ...

Have you had a look in your Event Viewer ?.

Reply to
beenthere

NIS problems often require you to completely uninstall all refference to NIS, look on NIS site for your version and the tools or info on how to do this NIS often conflicts with other apps, particularly home user version.

Reply to
old man

You suspecting good, it might be conflict between NIS and windows scripting host. If e-mail scannig is active despite Error message, that might be problem with NIS user interface, try to install/reinstall new version of Windows scripting host, sometime that helps. BTW this group is for firewalls, your run well? If yes then this post might be little bit OT.

Reply to
alf

I totally belive that NIS uninstallation is a major tasjk to get relief in this case but as he mentioned that i removed NIS completely and clered Registry then what else is offered whihc is incompleted. I faced the same issue and solution is to reinstall Windows becuase i had aword with macafee, norton , trend people regarding thsi they all told me that sometimes Antivirus signatures create landmarks in windows scripting and only be removed after reinstallation..

Ck

old man wrote:

Reply to
NETADMIN

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.