PIX 501 DSL Configuration

I have set up this firewall for default configuration. The internal network works fine. I connected the internal interface of the dsl modem to the external interface of PIX 501 firewall. I configured the firewall connection to PPOE. The firewall connects and acquires the web ip address. I made sure that all ports are open for tcp, udp, igmp, ip protocols for traffic coming from internal networt to outside.

I am not getting dns resolution for external sites. How can I check assigned ip configuration, (ip address, gateway ip, dns, etc) of my router on external interface assigned by PPOE connection?

Does this firewall run dns server? Is there a place I could configure farwarders?

In PPOE configuration, does it matter if I set the authentication to pap as opposed to chap or mschap?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Roman
Loading thread data ...

check Cisco TAC article on PIX/ASA PPPOE configuration

formatting link

see Using PIX Firewall in SOHO Networks

formatting link
this document shows the command: dhcpd auto_config [client_ifx_name] to get DNS addresses provided by the access concentrator as part of the PPP/IPCP negotiations:

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.