PPPoE problem with Kerio 2.1.5

I requested ADSL service from

formatting link
and can make a connection with their server, but as soon as I attempt to browse a Windows MsgBox appears..

Title: Windows Fatal Application Exit Message: MacTransferData: Invalid buffer tag.

C:\\WINNT\\system32\\FWDRV.SYS

Line 163E9 (hex) "MacTransferData: Invalid buffer tag. Kerio Personal Firewall has detected a conflicting software. Kerio Personal Firewall cannot work together with certain types of software such as another personal firewall or some special network software such as VPN clients or PPPoE protocol driver (when incorrectly implemented). Solution: Remove any software that can possible interfere with Kerio Personal Firewall as described above."

295.ca provide PPPoE client software by Efficient Networks (who appear to now be part of Siemens). They also provide a Gnet BB0060B modem
formatting link
which runs in "RFC 1483 Bridged Mode" to run the PPPoE software.

Has anyone else seen this sort of problem?

Reply to
Alan Illeman
Loading thread data ...

I have been advised that

formatting link
is a free, downloadable PPPoE Client that works with Kerio/WinRoute/Tiny firewall.

Reply to
Alan Illeman

It's a driver, not a client. And yes, it works pretty well.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Thanks, that comforting to know.

Reply to
Alan Illeman

It sounds like you have both the modem and the OS doing pppoe. Only one can be doing pppoe sign in. Check the modem and if you can enter your user ID and password there and have it do pppoe is best. Then disable the pppoe program on the operating system.

Reply to
Woody

It wasn't as simple as that. The ISP insisted on using their PPPoE software. The manufacturer of the modem explained to me that the modem had to be reprogrammed into another mode, a mode incidentally that the ISP did not support, in order to use the PPPoE software embedded within the modem. The modem manufacturer also said that there was no guarantee that I wouldn't experience the same incompatibilty with their embedded PPPoE software.

I have since cancelled my service with 295.ca and returned the modem.

Reply to
Alan Illeman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.