TPF 2.0.15 vs Kerio 2.1.5

I've, in the past, used Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15... I know TPF eventually became Kerio, and that Kerio 2.1.5 is recommended in some circles. Is it actually any different from TPF 2.0.15?? Is there any reason for me to switch from TPF to Kerio?? I'll be running my server under Win 98SE.

Reply to
Daniel Miller
Loading thread data ...

Daniel Miller wrote in news:Xns952769CF2A5D9dancarddupercom@216.65.98.77:

I started with Tiny then switched to Kerio.

Tiny had a incompatibility with SpeedDisk, the disk defragmenter in Norton SystemWorks that would cause SpeedDisk to stop 3 times during the defrag, waiting for some dialog box to continue. Quite annoying! This got fixed in Kerio.

I was able to move the ruleset from Tiny to Kerio without trouble.

Reply to
Clark G

Kerio 2.1.5 is not the same as Tiny 2.0.15. Yes, it is a good idea to use the latest (and last small footprint) version.

I hope you aren't planning to run a public server in W98, for starters, and Kerio /personal/ firewall is really not suitable for a server.

Reply to
"Crash" Dummy

"\\"Crash\\" Dummy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Cool!! Thanks, both of you, for your prompt advise... I'll go ahead and switch...

Reply to
Daniel Miller

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.