Netscreen 5GT Firmware

I just ordered and received a Netscreen 5GT firewall. The firmware on the box is 5.0.0r8.

Can this be right? This is a brand new box... The Juniper website says the current Netscreen firmware is 5.3.0. All of the printed material that came in the box (release notes, Documentation CD, etc.) all are for 5.0.0.

Should I send it back to the dealer and ask for one with the latest firmware and documentation?

Reply to
VistaCruiser1977
Loading thread data ...

Just register your product and you'll get 3 months free downloads from juniper.net. They always ship with 5.0.0r8. There's 5.0.0r10b now, 5.1.0r4a, 5.2.0r3, or 5.30r2. Upgrading is a very easy. For production I run 5.0.0r10b. For fun I play with 5.3. I'd say 5.1 is also suitable for production (since it's up to r4) but I haven't moved up yet.

See:

formatting link
Select ScreenOS and see which has the features you want. Read the Release Notes.

This is one great firewall.

alan

Reply to
Alan Strassberg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.