Netscreen 5GT config

Loading thread data ...

Step 6 is so that your vlan1 management interface knows how to route traffic for management only. You set the vlan1 management IP to

192.168.0.10, but if your servers have public addresses and if they don't know how to get to 192.168.0.10 (using static routes or other means, it will never reach your firewall for management (review RFC1918). I believe based on your description that you have a simple configuration problem by not applying a routable address to your firewall (same subnet as your webservers) or your servers don't know how to get to it. Also check your admin settings(get admin) checking for management IP's, UI port assignments, etc. If you don't plan on managing the firewall remotely (unlikely) then #6 isn't required, but you will have to do that once you fix your IP problem.
Reply to
Munpe Q

Ok so basically when I do a "get interface", vlan1 shows 10.0.0.10/24. When I set that to be the public IP it tells me there's an IP conflict. Right now I'm testing this with my cable connection so I only have 1 IP and can't use another. Is this the reason I'm not able to get to the web interface? Does the vlan1 need a public IP, and that IP must be unique and not used by any other internal servers?

Reply to
Shabam

Yes, that is correct.

Reply to
Munpe Q

Thanks I actually confirmed it last night when I placed the Netscreen on the inside LAN, between the switch and a computer. I assigned it a spare private IP and was able to load up the Web UI using that IP. Thanks for your help. :)

Reply to
Shabam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.