Netgear FR114P`

Yeah, love... that's all the world needs right now.

Reply to
Jon Doe
Loading thread data ...

I have a Netgear FR114P and NAV 2005, do I need anything else?

Thanks

Reply to
Name
1 PC attached to cable modem. I have Anti-Spyware as well.

Reply to
Name

What's wrong with IE?

Reply to
Name

Wow. I have been using it for years with no problems. At least none that I know of!

Reply to
Name

that would depend on what you are trying to protect.

Reply to
Leythos

As long as you're computer is fully patched, you don't use Internet Explorer, you don't run File swapping software, you don't visit malicious websites, and you don't download and run unknown/untrusted files, then yes, it's all you "should" need to stay safe.

Reply to
Leythos

About a year ago MS suggested people find alternate browsers until they closed some holes in IE. While I love Windows, have never had a compromised system, I still don't use IE except for banking sites. I've been using FireFox since before version 1, and we've eliminated many issues that residential clients were experiencing due to IE issues.

While FireFox doesn't run with some of the IE only coded sites, it's a lot more secure and less exploitable than IE currently is.

Check sites for IE Security Exploits if you want to read about it.

Reply to
Leythos

Yes, so have I, but I also have a full firewall, practice safe browsing, and also design secure networks, so I feel reasonably safe using it when I'm going to known sites.

I've seen people compromised while running personal firewalls, ones with tons of spyware, ones with all sorts of search helpers - none of them installed with the permission of the user - and all of them due to the way the users security is setup and that they are running IE.

Reply to
Leythos

The patches keep it relatively secure. But a popup blocker is a good idea. PopUpCop does a great job.

Firefox is somewhat more secure, but there are add-ons for that to increase security as well.

Reply to
CyberDroog

A careful operator.

Reply to
NormanM

It supports ActiveX and ActiveScripting, which both are security design flaws.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Think about your last sentence, please.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.