Anyone using Jetico Personal Firewal?

Same question was asked about a week or so ago. Link below for answers.

formatting link
or:
formatting link
Why don't you download the free beta and see for yourself?

Reply to
tom
Loading thread data ...

Anyone using Jetico Personal Firewal from

formatting link
easy is it to use? How effective is it? To help you pitch your reply at my level; I'm not that bright and I'm a computer illiterate. I jest not.

Thankyou.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cochran

formatting link

Reply to
Vanguard

On the Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:13:49 -0600, whilst Caruthers was creaming the Maids Muffin, (much to her great delight), this jewell arived from snipped-for-privacy@tildla.net not wishing to put Caruthers of his stroke I decided to deal with it:

I have I am in the process of finding out what users think about it before I run it.

Thanks for your help. Very useful.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Cochran

I think it's a great firewall for the price, but if you're fairly computer illiterate as you say, then it might not be the firewall for you. It does take some tweaking and fiddling with to secure and it's not the most intuitive interface either. There are many other easier to use firewalls out there which are free as well...

Reply to
Kerodo

I tried it and dumped it. Too complex for the average user.

Reply to
Bob H

Jetico has been out of Beta for a while now. It's currently at V1.0.1.55.

Given that the OP claimed to be a computer illiterate, perhaps Jetico may not be the best solution to meet his needs.

Firewalls of the Jetico/Kerio/Tiny ilk are great for those of us who are interested in (or enjoy!) configuring our firewalls, but I suspect that something like the Microsoft XP firewall or Zone Alarm may be a more suitable "set it and forget it" solution for the OP?

Reply to
Philip K

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.