How to backup firewall policy package on CheckPoint Express NG?

I used DashBoard to "save as" Policy Package into a different name. However, I don't know where the package get stored on the Checkpoint Firewall server. I tried to search on HDD with the new package name that I saved. I still don't know what to backup. I want to backup the Policy Package. Please tell me.

xrule,

Reply to
xrule
Loading thread data ...

You can't back up policy packages independently, because policies depend on objects in the database - you may have noticed that all defined objects are available regardless of which policy is currently loaded. When you install policy on an enforcement point, the management server determines which objects are referenced by the current policy and pushes only the required objects with the policy.

If you described what you are trying to achieve in broader terms, perhaps we could assist.

Triffid

Reply to
Triffid

What we are trying to accomplish is this:

In case our server crashed and we have to reinstall the check point program, how can we restore firewall policy? Basically, how to backup the policy?

Thank you very much

xrule,

Reply to
xrule

The answer depends on whether you are running a standalone or distributed configuration. Have you reviewed the Check Point documentation? It provides details on how to back up the configuration database in either case.

Triffid

Reply to
Triffid

The simple answer is to use the upgrade tools:

formatting link
And use upgrade_export to make a backup and upgrade_import to restore.

Reply to
Jason Kau

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.