how to backup a netscreen25

Does anyone know how to perform a backup on a netscreen 25 firewall? I have some old backups of this firewall, so I know somehow someone backed it up, but that person is not with this company any longer and I do not know how to make a backup of the firewall.

I have some big changes to make soon and I would like to backup the firewall first. Please let me know if you are familiar with this device.

Thank you,

B
Reply to
Brian
Loading thread data ...

Yep, create a readonly backupuser who is able to login via ssh-key (i describe my automatic version I use).

Now you can scp:$IP:ns_sys_config $TARGET, I've wrote me a script who does it every hour, if you interested I'm happy to share it.

cheers

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

Yes that would be great, thank you.

Reply to
Brian

NP here we go:

#!/bin/bash

DATE=`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S` KEY= DST=/mnt/backup/netscreen DEBUG=0

getconfig() { if [ $DEBUG -eq 1 ]; then echo scp -i $KEY backup@"$1":ns_sys_config $DST/ netscreen"-"$DATE.conf; scp -i $KEY backup@"$1":ns_sys_config $DST/ netscreen"-"$DATE.conf; else scp -q -i $KEY backup@"$1":ns_sys_config $DST/ netscreen"-"$DATE.conf; fi find $DST -type f -mtime +1 -name "*.conf" -exec bzip2 {} \; find $DST -type f -mtime +60 -name "*.bz2"| xargs rm -rf }

if [ "$1" == "" ]; then echo "usage $0 "; exit 1; else getconfig $1; fi exit 0;

the call is $SCRIPTNAME $IPADDRESS (I have to backup more than one), 60 days it automatically bzips the files, I use it to archive it to tape.

If you have problems just let me know.

cheers

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.