Free Sygate Still Downloadable

Free Sygate v5.6 build 2808 can still be d/l at:

formatting link
If you happen to be running Sygate Pro there is a signature file update v5.5.3043 available. (tools/options/updates/signature)

Get 'em while you can--they probably won't be available long. Symantec will be taking over :( Casey

Reply to
Casey Klc
Loading thread data ...

Ok, I downloaded it, or the install file. What do I do if the file is removed from the server and I want to install it on another system? How can I get the install / setup.exe file?

Reply to
Jack
[-]

Spf.msi *is* the "install" file.

Reply to
Vrodok the Troll

Hi Jack, I'm not absolutely certain of this but it appears that when you d/l the Sygate Pro signature update, the data goes into files trojan.dat & trojan.bak which are files in the Sygate folder. These are not .txt files but you can use a text editor to view the contents. You will find hundreds of malware items listed. I have backup copies of these files stashed away for use if I need to reinstall my Sygate Pro v5.5 again. At some point, I suspect we will not be able to update these files. By using the backup files (manually installed), we can continue to use the data that we have previously downloaded. Casey

Reply to
Casey Klc

Yes, as Vordok pointed out, the d/l file spf.msi in the installation file for Sygate v5.6.

Reply to
Casey Klc

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.