Firewall Function in Router

Hello everywhere.

I have a few Questions about the Firewall Functions on my Router (Linksys WRT54G).

Would they be OnTopic here? Or else, could someone please point me to the right Place?

Thanks.

PS.Sorry about my english...

Reply to
Christian Potzinger
Loading thread data ...

You're at the right place, the WRT54G is a packet filtering FW router in my opinion.

It's not a FW appliance, but it meets the specs for *What does an Internet Network FW do?*

formatting link
However, I don't recall if the firmware of the 54G out of the box has a syslog.

You might have to change the firmware over on the 54G so that it can use logging of traffic with something like Wallwatcher.

formatting link
Since the router is wireless, you may want to take a look at the link.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Duane Arnold maltreated the Keyboard with following:

I will read the URLs you showed me, an then (perhaps) return with even more Questions ;) Thank you very much.

Reply to
Christian Potzinger

No. This group is for meta-questions only. ;)

Seriously, this is a firewall group, so just ask your question(s). Or, since you seem to be from Austria, you could try de.comp.security.firewall instead.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers maltreated the Keyboard with following:

Yes, i'm from Austria. And Thanks for the Hint.

Reply to
Christian Potzinger

Hm... reading group's name and description, I'm wondering, if meta questions are on-topic here...

(That means: yes! :-P)

VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Did you ever get an answer on this? I'd like to ask about my router as well as I'm getting some odd responses from Forte Agent.

Reply to
The Horny Goat

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.