Building a firewall

Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the scope of this newsgroup, so if it is not, can you tell me what newsgroup I should go to. Anyways, I would like to build a firewall in windows, and would like to know if there are any tutorials that you know of about making a firewall in C++

Reply to
someone
Loading thread data ...

Firewall architecture defines two components - kernel component that works with other subsystems (C) - controlling software (configuration, commandline and communication) (C++)

Take a look at any opensource implementation.

Reply to
OnlyOpenSource

To configure Windows' packet filter:

formatting link
To implement your own filtering, you i.e. could start here:

formatting link
If you're developing for Windows 2000 and Windows XP, you could read this:

formatting link
If you're developing for Windows Vista, you could read this:

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

to add my two cents to Volker's informations; you may find some working code on sourceforge; for example the wipfw

formatting link
is a windows port of the BSD ipfw stateful packet filter and engine to windows and it uses the native windows APIs, so it may be a good starting point another SF prj is
formatting link
which, although not as "locked down" as wipfw (tdifw is a "simple" TDI level filter) may give you some more ideas

Reply to
ObiWan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.