wireless connection only stay up for 2 min./NetGEAR WGT624

Hi, Several months ago I bought the NETGEAR WGT624 so that I can use my Toshiba Satellite wireless capability. I connected the router to my modem and primary desktop but never setup the wireless. However, recently, I have configured it using the default settings but learned I had to use the "g Only" mode. Connection stays up for two minutes then I loose the connection. Can't figure out the problem...Contacted the ISP and they informed me that it was a NETGEAR issue.

Has anyone experience this problem before and how did they resolve it?

Your assistant or help is greatly appreciate it.

Reply to
fsanchez98
Loading thread data ...

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cs.com wrote: :Several months ago I bought the NETGEAR WGT624 so that I can use my :Toshiba Satellite wireless capability. I connected the router to my :modem and primary desktop but never setup the wireless. However, :recently, I have configured it using the default settings but learned I :had to use the "g Only" mode.

Could you expand on that?

:Connection stays up for two minutes then :I loose the connection. Can't figure out the problem...Contacted the :ISP and they informed me that it was a NETGEAR issue.

Is the system that is losing the connection running Windows XP? If so then google groups alt.internet.wireless for windows xp losing connection -- 2 minutes is fairly common for that situation. Has to do with XP's zero wireless setup.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

On your laptop configuration for the wireless network card, go in and set the 802.1x authentication to DISABLE and see what that does for you.

Reply to
Danny Kile

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.