Hi there and thanks for reading. My config (part of):
- Desktop PC with LAN connection to router. Router connects to ISP.
- Same desktop has USB wireless connection stick
- the wireless connection is bridged (with XP bridge) to the wired connection to the router
- My laptop (Dell Latitude D600) also has a wireless adapter, built-in (Intel Pro)
- 802.11 authentication is disabled for the wireless connections
- Both machines have XP Pro SP2, both drivers of the wireless devices are the latest (signed)
What happens is:
- when I connect through the wireless connection on my laptop to the desktop (with the wired connections not connected) at regular intervals (abt 5-10 minutes) the internet connection drops.
- while the internet connection is down, the LAN connection between the two remains, because I can still transfer files between them
- I still can ping the desktop but CANNOT ping the router (192.168.0.1) anymore
- after some minutes the internet connection restores and continues to work again, and everything can be pinged again
- then it goes down again (after 5-10 minutes) etc
Who can clear my sky, please ????
Thanks a lot !
Kees (the Netherlands)