Cannot run behind router

Dear all,

I have made 2 network devices which are OK to communicate with PC. The connection configuration is that the PC and the 2 devices are connected to an LAN switch. I have written a program which can connect to any one of the 2 devices without problem.

However, actually I want to put the devices behind a router which is connected to the WAN. The router configuration is OK as I can use it to browse web pages without problem.

However, my program cannot communicate with the devices when they are plugged into the router.

I have already set port forwarding in the router so that ports are forwarding to corresponding devices with different internal IPs.

Do anyone has any idea about my problem?

Thanks!

Reply to
cell
Loading thread data ...

cell wrote in part:

Do they have static IPs when the router expects to allocate IPs by DHCP? It might not pass these packets unless configured to be aware of the statics.

-- Robert

Reply to
Robert Redelmeier

Have you written your program to communicate through the IP stack, or does it interface directly to the LAN device driver? Only IP packets will be forwarded through an IP router.

-- Rich Seifert Networks and Communications Consulting 21885 Bear Creek Way (408) 395-5700 Los Gatos, CA 95033 (408) 228-0803 FAX

Send replies to: usenet at richseifert dot com

Reply to
Rich Seifert

On 12$B7n(B12$BF|(B, $B2 cell wrote in part:

The DHCP is disabled when checking the router configuration.

Reply to
cell

On 12$B7n(B12$BF|(B, $B2 In article

Yes, I have IP stack implementation in the MCU.

Reply to
cell

What is the IP address/subnet mask/default gateway that you have programmed on the various devices?

Anoop

Reply to
anoop

cell wrote in part:

OK, but the IP addresses might need to be "reasonable" forthe router to pass traffic.

It might be easiest and quickest just to plug all devices into your switch, then plug the switch into your router. Such cascades are normal. Or you might just have a dead port on the router.

-- Robert

Reply to
Robert Redelmeier

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.