Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is "extendable" in IP NAT ?
Hello what is the meaning of the word "extended" in a standard PAT ? If I forward the port 80 (for example) to a my intenal server, what is the meaning to put the word extendable at the end of the...

Can connect to PIX 501 with VPN client and ping internal addresses but some issues
Scenario: Internet---x.x.x.x---ADSL--192.168.1.1192.168.1.2--(e)-PIX-(i)-- 10.0.0.1 (10.0.0.0/24) I have to use the ADSL with NAT (and not bridge) as provider does not support PPPoE only PPPoA I can...

difference between redistribute static and default-information originate?
I'm having a brain fade, for the life of me I can't see any difference between the two. Except that you can turn on default-information originate before entering a static route on a router....

BA/BS degree in 4 weeks
BA/BS degree in 4 weeks Accelerated Degree Program You may choose your major and we will evaluate your CV and previous transcripts and certificates free of charge. Send us your CV and mention your...

Tunnel vsVRF thru enterprise network
I am currently running ospf on my internal compnay enterprise network, I am also having to tunnel differnet customer thru the networks to different branches. I am creating and managing tunnelling thru...

Cisco Switch - How To Use?
I've got a Cisco Switch WS-C2950SX-24 24 port switch that I want to connect to a network port to allow computers to connect using it. I'm just not sure what/how to do this. Do I plug the network cable...

Help with IGMP
I'm facing some issues with IGMP, but unfortunately know next to nothing about it. The extent of my knowledge is that adding and removing verious iterations of 'ip igmp snooping' globally or per VLAN...

about cisco ehternet switch port type
Hi, For cisco switch, it has access and trunk port and other venders have access,trunk and hybrid port. How does cisco support hybrid port function? TIA, st

1812w Load Balance two internet connections
I am trying to figure out how to set up my 1812w to run two wan connections (dsl) and to portion them out on the single router. I have read that they have "load balancing" is this so. How can this be...

The RaRa Economic Bailout Package
Many of our customers depend on RaRa Telecom Supply for their critical last minute and hard-to-find parts or for our custom fiber and copper cables, but are you aware of all the products and services...

Cisco 3725 not performing well with Comast?
I recently moved to a area with faster internet access then I previously had. I am able to connect directly to the cable modem (comcast) and download starting at 2.0mb/s and it trickles down to about...

Nexus 7000 and EMC Smarts
Out EMC Smarts cannot draw the link between Nexus 7000 and the connected servers on the screen. EMC engeer said the problem is caused if the agent does not report the MAC address of the neighbor node....

NAT needed reaching ASA 5505?
Hi, I'm a kind of a Cisco newbie and like to see some questions answered I do not understand... Situation; Using an Linksys router controlling my internetconnection (static IP). Behind this Linksys...

third-party vpn clients that work with cisco (?)
are there any (free) third-party vpn clients that work with cisco hardware? eg: I have a cisco 2600 router that can do the vpn server thing, but the cisco vpn client is only available to (paying)...

Still trying to understand how PIX replication works
I've got a pair of PIX 525s on active/standby. Recently, the primary one failed over to the secondary unit. I'm trying to understand what kind of state they're now in, especially the primary. The...